Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 11: Dragging

So I had quite the experience with our dog tonight. This afternoon he got out of his collar when I was walking him and he would not let me catch him until a few hours later. It was absolutely freezing outside so I let him come inside for awhile.

He took a little nap...ate a little dog food...drank a little water. Had a jolly ole' time in the house with the me and the cats.

Well. Then the fun began. About an hour ago I figured it was time to take him back out to his kennel. So I put his harness/collar thing on and we got two feet out the door and he planted his stubborn legs into the ground. By the way, he is a german shepherd/chow and weighs about 50 pounds I would say. Very, very stubborn.

I was like, great. How am I going to get him all the way across the yard to his kennel? So, I drug him. Yep. I literally grabbed him by his harness and dragged him across the yard. About half way he decided that wasn't so fun so he started walking for me. Let's just say I was pretty annoyed.

What does this have to do with anything? What I felt for about two minutes just a little bit ago was what I felt for the last year and a half of my past relationship. I felt like I was dragging along someone who had his feet dug into the ground. That, my friends, isn't even close to being a pleasant feeling.

If you are in a relationship where you have to drag the other person around like dead weight, please get out of it. If your significant other can't put in 100%, then in my opinion they are not worth your time.

I want a guy who I don't have to drag along. I did that once and I seriously won't do it again.




1 comment: