Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 36: Grudges

We all have them. Those little (or big) issues that stick in our minds for a long time. We fight with them, push them away, hide them, confront them, or sometimes we just don't do anything to them. Regardless, they are there and they will be if we don't do something about it.

I'll be the first one to admit that I hold grudges. I have a handful things in my life that are honestly super hard to forget about. It's hard sometimes to move on and let myself heal.

Tonight I started wondering if I am holding on to those things because it really is difficult to heal. Or maybe I'm holding on to them because I refuse to move forward? I guess it could really be either of them. I haven't exactly figured that out yet. I don't want to be one of those people that holds on to things my whole entire life, but I do understand that I am only human.

However, with God's power I can let go of those burdens. I'm not saying it could ever go away overnight. Some say time heals all. I say, and I'm always right (:P), that time, effort, and prayer heals. It takes more than just sitting around in your Lazy Boy. We actually have to put that conscious effort in each day to move forward.

So yeah. I'm trying...I really am. I guess one of my goals is to not hold grudges anymore. All they do is make me grumpy and bitter. I honestly like being happy! Nothing better than having a clear mind and a joyful heart.

I've decided to start something new on my blog. Along with writing my husband post (which I haven't done in awhile..ooopsie!) I will be writing a few random facts about myself. Just because I can! :)

Random Facts:

:) I love dill pickle chips.
:) Here Without You by 3 Doors Down is my all time favorite song. Probably always will be.
:) I never use bookmarks. I can always remember what page I am on in a book, even if it has been weeks since I picked the book up.

No comments:

Post a Comment