Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Day 1: Firework

Do you ever feel like a plastic bag
Drifting through the wind, wanting to start again?
Do you ever feel, feel so paper thin
Like a house of cards, one blow from caving in?
When this Katy Perry song came out I honestly didn't like it. Why? Oh, I don't know. Maybe because I am not a huge Katy fan and so it didn't spark my interest. Then I listened to the words carefully and it really hit home for me.

Seriously, this is exactly how I feel about my life right now. I'm so sick and tired of feeling hopeless and grumpy and just not "Courtney". I've always been that joyful girl who brings happiness to other people. But how can I bring happiness to others if I can't even truly feel happy anymore?

So this is where my journey begins. If you saw my Facebook then you know what the deal is, but just in case you didn't, here it is:

--> I have decided that I am going to dedicate one whole year to God. I want to find myself and figure out who I truly am in His eyes. Therefore, I am not going to date until Jan 1st, 2012. This may seem crazy but this is what I am going to do. I want to lose my heart in God and find out who He made me to be. No guy is going to fill the void in my life and I know only God will be able to satisfy. It might be hard...in fact, I know it will be. But, I am a strong woman and I can do anything through Christ who strengthens me. To all of you who truly love and care for me, your prayers would be appreciated greatly as I do this. <--

Here we go :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment